As you can see from my blog tagline, I do scoop cat poop for a living. So I frequently get asked, ‘what’s the best cat litter out there?’ Oh well, may I say these people have come to the right place! After all, I have experience with almost every single kind of cat litter out there!
My favourite cat litter in the world, and also the one I use at home myself, is World’s Best Cat Litter.
When they say they are “World’s Best”, they don’t exaggerate one bit. They are by far the best cat litter out there and we have already established that I work with A LOT of different cat litters.
Let’s see what they say officially:
World’s Best Cat Litter™ is the only natural cat litter made from whole-kernel corn. That means it has a naturally absorbent structure that keeps nasty odors and smells inside the litter.
And this is what I say:
- Dust no more: The first thing you will notice after using World’s Best for a few days is, your house is so much cleaner. Clay dust no more! I have asthma myself, so the fact that there is no more dust in the air is a big plus to me. Plus, I am a house-proud person, less dust is also good for anyone who is particularly concerned about tidiness of the house too.
- Easy to scoop: The litter clumps really really well. It’s probably the best clumping cat litter out there. It is so easy to scoop that I find myself sometimes scooping twice a day (I know! Why would one do that? Because it’s actually kind of fun to scoop these ‘rocks’ in a bizarre way…don’t ask). Suddenly scooping is not a nuisance anymore! A cat litter that can make people actually clean the litter tray more often is a big big plus to me!!!
- Safety: Since the litter is made with whole-kernel corn, it’s absolutely safe in case your cat or toddler eats the cat litter by accident.
- Environmentally friendly: The litter is completely biodegradable and flushable. All you have to do is just scoop and flush. You don’t need plastic baggie anymore, the planet will thank you for that.
- Long lasting: Since you only scoop and toss nasty bits, you don’t need to toss out the clean bits of litter in the tray. As a result, a bag of cat litter can last for a really really long time. I usually order a 10 kg bag and it lasts my two cats up to 3 months.
- Time saving: The ease of use actually saves you a lot of time. You only need to shop cat litter, in my case, once every 3 months!!! I repeat, once every 3 months!!! No more carrying heavy bags of litter from the supermarket, no more carrying baggies with dirty litter down to the bin. It saves you a lot of time, and time is money.
- Price: It is quite expensive when you pay for it, but it is actually not that expensive when you divide by the number of days a bag can last you. So once you get over the initial shock, it is not too bad. And as I already said, it saves a lot of time, and time is money.
- Availability: Not as widely available as traditional clay litter. The chance is your supermarket doesn’t carry it. At the moment, I have only heard of a few pet shops in Dublin who carry it. I order mine on zooplus.ie
Edit to add:
A reader asked about the texture of the cat litter. It’s actually a good question! We all know how picky our cat(s) can be with little things like that. So I took a picture to show you guys.
And this is a picture for how it looks when the pee started clumping…
Hope you guys have a better idea how the litter works. Any more questions, please feel free to leave a comment below!
So which litter are you using? What’s your favourite? Please let us know in the comments section. Happy scooping!
(Disclaimer: This is my honest review. In fact, I will not review something that my cats haven’t tried. I don’t receive any form of compensation for reviewing a product. I am only sharing my opinion on these products with you because I think some people might find it useful.)
I have been using World’s Best Cat Litter for 6-8 mos. now and it has become increasingly dusty. Even though it clumps and controls odor really well, I’m looking for a new litter because of the dust. I even have a mat around the litter box and a small throw rug for my cat to walk over after she leaves the litter box. All of this does not prevent cat tracks on walnut flooring, even though the mat and rugs are catching a lot of the dust.
That’s interesting…have you noticed the litter becoming more powdery or something? Some of my customers use Cat Best and swear by it. It might be a good alternative.
I used World`s best for about a year or so. It is indeed very dusty, furniture etc is being covered with a layer of dust. So I tried Greenwoods Natural @ Zooplus and I must say, it is way less dusty and the biggest benefits…. It captures odours much faster and It is way cheaper than World`s best.
Hey! Thanks for the suggestion! I will have a go at that and report back too!
I realize that people (and their cats) have very strong feelings about cat litter. But, if you haven’t yet tried World’s Best, I strongly suggest that you do.
This is a two-part review of the product itself and the subscribe and save program.
In the past eleven years, I have tried nearly ten varieties of cat litter: clay (store brand and national brand), crystals (national brand), newspaper (store brand and national brand), pine-based (store brand and national brand), and two varieties of corn-based litter. When someone first suggested World’s Best I scoffed at the price. After having used it for more than two years, I can say that hands down, this really is the BEST cat litter we’ve used. Our cats seem to agree.
World’s Best cat litter reliably clumps, produces no discernable dust, controls odors, and lasts. We have two cats and three litter boxes. One bag lasts us 4-6 weeks. As an added benefit, the unscented variety is compostable (excluding fecal solids, of course). We have a large property and add the urine clumps and extra litter to the large leaf and garden waste pile (not for our food garden). For those unfamiliar with composting or squeamish about this idea, urea is commonly added to compost to speed the decomp process. Just think about how much cat litter goes into the landfill.
Through the subscribe and save program, I automatically receive a bag of this litter each month at a discount. This is an incredible benefit. With a busy family and two professional parents, time is a scarce commodity in my home. Cat litter is an item that, when needed, is needed urgently. And, as cat owners know, not any litter will do. Before adding this litter to my subscribe and save list, I many times found myself driving out of the way to purchase litter only to find out that the store didn’t carry this variety or that store was sold out. Thank you