As you can see from my blog tagline, I do scoop cat poop for a living. So I frequently get asked, ‘what’s the best cat litter out there?’ Oh well, may I say these people have come to the right place! After all, I have experience with almost every single kind of cat litter out there!
My favourite cat litter in the world, and also the one I use at home myself, is World’s Best Cat Litter.
When they say they are “World’s Best”, they don’t exaggerate one bit. They are by far the best cat litter out there and we have already established that I work with A LOT of different cat litters.
Let’s see what they say officially:
World’s Best Cat Litter™ is the only natural cat litter made from whole-kernel corn. That means it has a naturally absorbent structure that keeps nasty odors and smells inside the litter.
And this is what I say:
- Dust no more: The first thing you will notice after using World’s Best for a few days is, your house is so much cleaner. Clay dust no more! I have asthma myself, so the fact that there is no more dust in the air is a big plus to me. Plus, I am a house-proud person, less dust is also good for anyone who is particularly concerned about tidiness of the house too.
- Easy to scoop: The litter clumps really really well. It’s probably the best clumping cat litter out there. It is so easy to scoop that I find myself sometimes scooping twice a day (I know! Why would one do that? Because it’s actually kind of fun to scoop these ‘rocks’ in a bizarre way…don’t ask). Suddenly scooping is not a nuisance anymore! A cat litter that can make people actually clean the litter tray more often is a big big plus to me!!!
- Safety: Since the litter is made with whole-kernel corn, it’s absolutely safe in case your cat or toddler eats the cat litter by accident.
- Environmentally friendly: The litter is completely biodegradable and flushable. All you have to do is just scoop and flush. You don’t need plastic baggie anymore, the planet will thank you for that.
- Long lasting: Since you only scoop and toss nasty bits, you don’t need to toss out the clean bits of litter in the tray. As a result, a bag of cat litter can last for a really really long time. I usually order a 10 kg bag and it lasts my two cats up to 3 months.
- Time saving: The ease of use actually saves you a lot of time. You only need to shop cat litter, in my case, once every 3 months!!! I repeat, once every 3 months!!! No more carrying heavy bags of litter from the supermarket, no more carrying baggies with dirty litter down to the bin. It saves you a lot of time, and time is money.
- Price: It is quite expensive when you pay for it, but it is actually not that expensive when you divide by the number of days a bag can last you. So once you get over the initial shock, it is not too bad. And as I already said, it saves a lot of time, and time is money.
- Availability: Not as widely available as traditional clay litter. The chance is your supermarket doesn’t carry it. At the moment, I have only heard of a few pet shops in Dublin who carry it. I order mine on zooplus.ie
Edit to add:
A reader asked about the texture of the cat litter. It’s actually a good question! We all know how picky our cat(s) can be with little things like that. So I took a picture to show you guys.
And this is a picture for how it looks when the pee started clumping…
Hope you guys have a better idea how the litter works. Any more questions, please feel free to leave a comment below!
So which litter are you using? What’s your favourite? Please let us know in the comments section. Happy scooping!
(Disclaimer: This is my honest review. In fact, I will not review something that my cats haven’t tried. I don’t receive any form of compensation for reviewing a product. I am only sharing my opinion on these products with you because I think some people might find it useful.)