MENTORSHIP – PET SITTER
On 2009, during the global financial crisis, I left the corporate world and started my own pet sitting business. People at the time either laugh (how cute!) or thought I was crazy.
For over a decade, I run an award winning pet sitting business in Dublin with great success. I have been featured many times on media in several countries.
And over the years, I have helped built several pet sitting businesses both in Ireland and abroad. I am the co-admin of the biggest cat sitter Facebook group.
But I notice one phenomenon, there are about 5 times more people approach me for advice to start their own business than those who actually go ahead and do it.
There are several reasons:
1. Once they talk to me and realise starting your own business is far from their idea of sitting at the cashier to count money, some immediately realise it’s not for them
2. People simply got overwhelmed and don’t know where to start
I can’t help you with number 1, because starting your own business is not for everyone.
But I can help you with number 2.
You can have your pet sitting business in 3 months up and running
if you follow my step-by-step mentorship programme.
What will you learn from this programme:
- Selecting a business name
- Registering your company
- Where to buy insurance
- Start-up costs and how to best use your start-up money
- Setting up your workflow
- Writing business policies
- Choosing pet sitting business management software
- Branding, website, social media, networking, how to get “word of mouth”
- How to get on “traditional” media, how to write a press release that gets you interviews
- Advertising and promotion ideas
- Determining your service area
- Selecting and pricing your services
- How to do screen clients
- How to do “meet-and-greet”
- Maintaining your calendar and schedule
- Payment policies, discounts and cancellation policies
- Book-keeping and taxation
- How to handle “tricky situations” and “difficult clients”
- And more!
Each programme is bespoke, so you can decide what kind of help you need and do the work at your own pace.
No matter where you are on your journey, only daydreaming of quitting your job? Planning to quit in the next 3 months? Being layout during the pandemic? Or already started your pet sitting business but not getting any client?
I can help you.
* Service en français disponible
** Alice 可提供廣東話及華語服務，歡迎查詢。
Alice Chau-Ginguene is a Cat Behaviourist, writer, educator and advocate. For over a decade, Alice has worked with thousands of cats and their humans.
She is the founder the longest standing, award winning pet sitting business in Dublin – Maow Care and the founder of Ireland’s first cat-centric festival Dublin Cat Fair. She has been featured on numerous media both in Ireland and abroad. She has been recently featured on RTE documentary – One Day: Keeping Ireland Company
She is the “Top 5 Finalist” for “Pet Sitter of The Year” Competition 2018 for Pet Sitter International. She is the co-admin for the biggest Professional Cat Sitter Facebook Group with over 900 members. She enjoys sharing her experience with other professional cat sitters around the world.
- Postgraduate Diploma, Clinical Animal Behaviour & Welfare, Odisee University College (offer accepted, starting October 2021)
- Postgraduate Certificate, Creativity, Innovation and Entrepreneurship, University College Dublin
- Professional Certificate – SME Management
- Certificate in Training Delivery
- QQI 6Train the Trainer (with Distinction)
- Certified Instructor, Canine First Response
- Certificate in Missing Animal Response
- Advanced Award Certificate of Feline Behaviour (with Distinction), COAPE
- FETAC Level 5 – Start Your Own Business
- Bachelor of Arts, The University of Hong Kong
* Service en français disponible
** Alice 可提供廣東話及國語服務，歡迎查詢。